Oxford Abstracts Website Terms of Service
These Terms relate to our website at [https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/] where we provide a service that enables academic authors to submit abstracts to the event organiser, gather review feedback on abstracts, allow conference attendees to register for the event, and allow conference organisers to design and build program schedules, and gather information for awards and grant applications ("Service"). By using this Service, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service"). We are Oxford Abstracts Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales at Companies House. Our registered office is 264 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7DY and our registered number is 04245686. If you have any questions about these Terms or do not accept them, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] before using the website.
If Oxford Abstracts makes material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our website before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: https://oxfordabstracts.com/terms-of-service
These Terms only deal with your access to this website. Please note that we may not necessarily keep a copy of these Terms. We advise you to print a copy of these Terms for your information in the future.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Oxford Abstracts prohibits such conduct and Content (defined below) on the Service, you understand and agree that Oxford Abstracts cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person - i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Oxford Abstracts cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all any materials, documents, writing, diagrams or other content provided by the user to Oxford Abstracts though the Service ("Content") .
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws).
- We offer communication services (chat and video) to our conference attendees and delegates on our virtual conferencing product. The information shared and contained in them has not been verified or approved by Oxford Abstracts.
- You agree that the intellectual property rights in the Content remains with you at all times;
- You will grant us a licence to hold and use the Content as necessary for Oxford Abstracts to comply with its contractual obligations to event organisers;
- You warrant that the Content will not infringe intellectual property rights of any third party; and
- the uploaded Content cannot be defamatory, illegal, pornographic or otherwise than as intended for submission to the event organiser
Provision of Services
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Support for the Services is only through the Account or event administrator via email and telephone and in English. Oxford Abstracts does not offer direct support to submitters, reviewers, committee members or delegates.
- You understand that Oxford Abstracts uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Oxford Abstracts does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any Services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Oxford Abstracts shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Oxford Abstracts has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third-party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of Oxford Abstracts to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Oxford Abstracts and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Oxford Abstracts (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under English law.
- You understand that if you have any complaint about this website, you should contact [email@example.com] and we will try and resolve it as soon as possible. However, if we have a dispute regarding your use of the website or these Terms, the court will use English law to determine that dispute. If you wish to take legal action against us, as we are a UK company you should do so in the English Courts only.